A bespoke solution for your organisation to engage and support your staff and clients in a manner that matches your company/organisational remit.
Groups currently are limited size, as the Covid 19 regulations relax these will be revisited but assume a maximum group size of six including the Dogs for Health staff.
Costs are set at £30.00 per hour per group, this means each client generates an hourly rate of £6.00 Organisations book a two hour session and this entails the following:
- Meet up with client group and introduces the therapy dogs. Discusses route and rules for group.
- Group follows the route and ensures the social distancing rules are complied with
- The group will walk for around an hour and fifteen minutes or around three and a half miles average. During this time the group often splits into smaller groups and people discuss pretty much anything, experience says that clients talk when they feel comfortable and they experience comfort from knowing they have the time to talk, they are not under pressure to talk and they know this is not a formal session but a way of building relationships with trained staff and volunteers who can help them when they are ready.
- After the walk, there is an opportunity for refreshments, clients need to bring their own cups etc. Hot water and sachets of drinks are provided along with purchased food in sealed bags. As the Covid 19 regulations start to relax the group can enjoy bacon rolls or similar food.
- The group worker feeds back to the organisation in the agreed format on progress, support needs and any issues that have arisen.
Below are examples of two organisations approaches to Walk and Talk, each organisation making it unique to their needs and organisational requirements